Friday, January 24, 2014

HeART Swap for Valentine's Day: An Artist Collaboration on MotherHenna



At the beginning of the month, I signed up for a swap that I found out about on Facebook. You can read about the details on the MotherHenna blog. I've participated in this kind of swap before and I have always been pleased with the results. Admittedly, it has been a long time since I have been able to join in on one of these (I always seem to just miss out on the sign ups). But I am super excited about the returns on this one. It's an amazing group of artists and I just know that I will be pleased with what I receive. Anything created from the heart is always wonderful.

Originally, I had intended to write a blog post illustrating how I went from

this:


to this:


However, I managed to forget to take photos of the steps as I went along. So, all I have are the photos of the finished project. LOL

Each one is a mixed media masterpiece featuring watercolor and acrylic painting, text elements, lots of sparkle, and loads of added texture. I really love these a lot and I'm hoping that the other 19 artists are pleased with them as well. I know they will be because these were created with HeART. Which was the whole point of the project. :D

Aren't they pretty. Yes, I do believe they are.


There are 19 other artists that have signed up for the exchange. If you want to check out the MotherHenna blog and see some of the other artists' work, you can click to see the blog and then scroll down and you will see each artist listed with their blogs if available.

Kids Clothing Week starts next week and so I'm busy pulling patterns and fabrics for sewing up some great stuff for the girls. I also have the 2nd canvas for my 50 Canvases almost finished and plans for the 3rd one. Just wait and see. :D

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am really pleased with the way they've turned out. :D

      Delete
  2. Now these looks magical! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sparkles!! Actually, they look good enough to eat. They remind me of this pink heart cookies that I really like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you. I'm a bit of a sparkles fan myself.

      Delete