Friday, January 24, 2014

Anti-Journal Week 2

Yes, I realize that the second week is not yet over. However, I'm pretty sure that my spread for this week is complete. So I'm posting this now.
This week went a lot easier than last week. Trust me. Last week there was a lot of sitting and staring out the window while I tried to think of shit to add to the book. This week, much less sitting. Everything seemed to flow more smoothly and it was less of a struggle to come up with stuff for the prompts. (I don't have a ton of photos on hand, so those photo prompts get skipped a lot. LOL)
When Sarah (the WonderStrumpet of Wonderstrange) listed our prompts for the Chronicles Journal project it kinda made me cringe a little bit.

•Main Spread: Check out some art/mixed media/technique videos on YouTube and try one out.
•Journaling: Write about your experience with that technique, what you learned, what you want to learn, how you can apply it, etc.
•Photography: Take a picture of something you love. Alternatively print out a picture of something you love.
•Journaling: Write down a quote that resonates with you, makes you laugh, makes you think, does something to you emotionally. It can be completely random and have absolutely no context.
•Art/Photography: Think about skills you want to acquire. Work on it, even if it’s ugly and weird.
•DOODLE. Use ink. Trust yourself.
•Destash: Use something you’ve had for a while/something you’re hoarding
•Attach any ephemera/mementos that are making you happyp
•Optional Journal52 prompt: Somewhere, A Simple Place
(Again, I copied these directly from Wonderstrange.)

I mean, first of all, the whole watch a YouTube video on a new art technique and then try it out? Seriously? I'm kinda intimidated by the whole art video on YouTube thing. Then to write about the experience (more writing - sigh - ). And DOODLING. With INK! No f'n way! The ephemera/mementos part is cool because I always have a ton of shit lying around waiting for me to do something with it. And I can always stand a good destash. :D
But I hauled out the book anyway and got to work. Intimidation be damned.
The YouTube video I chose to watch was by Agnes Cecile (well, I watched several, but the one's I watched the most were by her). If you haven't watched any of her videos, I would strongly suggest doing so. The woman is an amazing artist and her style of painting is just so beautiful and so powerful. It is definitely unique and I really like it.

Again, more pages and tags and tape and stickers and a pocket stuffed with ephemera and a painting from 4 years ago and all kinds of added ness-y-ness. :D

This is one of the pages with all of it's additions completely folded out. It has the quotes and a painting and stuff taped down. And #5 on the 100 Things to Draw When You're Bored list. World's Worst Tattoo. Say hello to the mascot for the Cracatoah Donkeys - The Bearded Donkey. LOL





(Yes, it has been pointed out to me that donkey hair stands straight up, like a zebra. I know this. Hello! World's Worst Tattoo! Duh!)

The main part of my anti-journal this week was a free form watercolor. I've never done anything like this before. And, while I think that it turned out okay, I probably will not be doing it again. I just didn't really like it that much. I do, however, really like the Dymo tape sticker that the oldest girlchild made for me while she was volunteering this week. Sometimes she's so sweet.

#62 on the 100 things list is the Ideal Dessert. It's a Brownie Cheesecake A La Mode with chocolate chip cookie resting on a bed of hot fudge. :D I also managed to include a page with the suggested song lyrics from Week 1's prompts. It has my doodle on it. In ink, no less.

I almost managed to get the entire spread in one photo. It's just missing the sheet that has the 100 Things drawing on it (it would be one more page out on the right). I think that if I had stood on a chair I could have managed it. But, I didn't. So it's not there. LOL






Well, that's it for this week's Anti-Journal. Apparently, it was a long, drawn out explanation. Hope that I haven't put anyone to sleep. :D If you want to join in the Chronicles Journal project (or any of the other fun stuff going on) just head over to Wonderstrange and check it out. The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD THIS MAKES ME SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' HAPPY!! I love it so much!!! YAY!!!

    I am dying of the giddy over here. So much awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the concept. :) I'm glad ypu like it.

      Delete