Wednesday, February 5, 2014

50 Canvases in 2014 -- Canvas #3

So, I learned a few things about myself with this third canvas. The challenge was to do something dimensional. Sarah's example is AMAZING. Mine, not so much. I like it. I don't love it. I may work on it some more. Maybe. I'm just not a huge fan of it. I was, however, a huge fan of using up some of the 'stuff' I have laying around here. That was awesome. Destashing feels great sometimes. And, BONUS, I have completed 3 canvases :D



It needs more of something. I've haven't figured out what yet. I'm thinking some black paint and maybe some glitter. Hell, everything's better with black paint and glitter. Pretty sure I might just be seeing what that does for me tomorrow. Yep. Pretty dang sure.

Anyway, if you would care to join in on the 50 Canvases in 2014 Challenge, you can check out the details HERE on the Wonderstrange blog. And I will definitely be posting the end result of my alterations to Canvas #3 when it is finished. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I think it's really cool! all of the different textures are amazing. I think the only thing it's missing is a definite focal point, so, if you can use watered down paint to emphasize it, it should help pull the whole thing together. it's awesome though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daaaaang! I love this! Your clusters and configurations of objects are so visually satisfying! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I am a collector of all the junk. ROFL My favorite part are the vintage perm rods that I tore apart and lined up in the bottom left corner. I too destroy old things.

      Delete